Pokemon Elite Trainer Boxes contain anywhere from 7 to 18 booster packs, depending on which set it comes from.
The goal of this article is to help you understand exactly how many booster packs are in an Elite Trainer Box of any sort.
How Many Booster Packs Are In An Elite Trainer Box?
Each Elite Trainer Box that has been released since 2013 is unique in some way. As such, the number of packs that each type of Elite Trainer Box contains varies. Below is a list of each Elite Trainer Box that’s ever been released along with the number of booster packs it contains.
- Brilliant Stars – 8 Brilliant Stars Booster Packs
- Brilliant Stars (Pokemon Center Exclusive) – 10 Brilliant Stars Booster Packs
- Fusion Strike – 8 Fusion Strike Booster Packs
- Fusion Strike (Pokemon Center Exclusive) – 10 Fusion Strike Booster Packs
- Celebrations – 10 Celebrations Booster Packs plus 5 assorted Sword & Shield era Booster Packs
- Celebrations (Pokemon Center Exclusive) – 8 Celebrations Booster Packs plus 6 assorted Sword & Shield era Booster Packs
- Evolving Skies – 8 Evolving Skies Booster Packs
- Evolving Skies (Pokemon Center Exclusive) – 10 Evolving Skies Booster Packs
- Chilling Reign – 8 Chilling Reign Booster Packs
- Chilling Reign (Pokemon Center Exclusive) – Due to an error, only 8 Chilling Reign Booster Packs are included instead of 10
- Battle Styles – 8 Battle Styles Booster Packs
- Shining Fates – 10 Shining Fates Booster Packs
- Vivid Voltage – 8 Vivid Voltage Booster Packs
- Champion’s Path – 10 Champion’s Path Booster Packs
- Darkness Ablaze – 8 Darkness Ablaze Booster Packs
- Rebel Clash – 8 Rebel Clash Booster Packs
- Sword & Shield – 8 Sword & Shield Booster Packs
- Cosmic Eclipse – 8 Cosmic Eclipse Booster Packs
- Hidden Fates – 10 Hidden Fates Booster Packs
- Unified Minds – 8 Unified Minds Booster Packs
- Unbroken Bonds – 8 Unbroken Bonds Booster Packs
- Team Up – 8 Team Up Booster Packs
- Lost Thunder – 8 Lost Thunder Booster Packs
- Dragon Majesty – 10 Dragon Majesty Booster Packs
- Celestial Storm – 8 Celestial Storm Booster Packs
- Forbidden Light – 8 Forbidden Light Booster Packs
- Ultra Prizm – 8 Ultra Prizm Booster Packs
- Crimson Invasion – 8 Crimson Invasion Booster Packs
- Shining Legends – 10 Shining Legends Booster Packs
- Burning Shadows – 8 Burning Shadows Booster Packs
- Guardians Rising – 8 Guardians Rising Booster Packs
- Sun & Moon – 8 Sun & Moon Booster Packs
- Evolutions – 8 Evolutions Booster Packs
- Steam Siege – 8 Steam Siege Booster Packs
- Generations (20th Anniversary) – 10 Generations Booster Packs
- Fates Collide – 8 Fates Collide Booster Packs
- BREAKpoint – 8 BREAKpoint Booster Packs
- BREAKthrough – 8 BREAKthrough Booster Packs
- Ancient Origins – 8 Ancient Origins Booster Packs
- Roaring Skies – 8 Roaring Skies Booster Packs
- Primal Clash – 8 Primal Clash Booster Packs
- Phantom Forces – 8 Phantom Forces Booster Packs
- Furious Fists – 8 Furious Fists Booster Packs
- XY – 8 XY Booster Packs
- Plasma Blast – 7 Plasma Blast Booster Packs
- Plasma Storm – 7 Plasma Storm Booster Packs
What is an Elite Trainer Box?
The Elite Trainer Box (ETB) product was created to give Pokemon TCG players the cards and accessories they need to play the Pokemon Trading Card Game. This includes things like condition markers, damage counter dice, energy cards, booster packs, a collectible box, and more.
Once opened, the Elite Trainer Box container becomes a great way to store your excess Pokemon cards and organize them. Though some of the earlier ETBs don’t come with card dividers, many of the new ones do, making it easier to sort and group your cards within the box.
Some Pokemon card collectors like to collect Elite Trainer Boxes (both sealed and unsealed) because the artwork is some of the best you’ll find on Pokemon products. Each Elite Trainer Box features one or more of the most popular Pokemon from its respective set.
What else is inside a Pokemon Elite Trainer Box?
As mentioned above, each type of Elite Trainer Box contains slightly different contents, but some things are consistent across all ETBs. When you open one of these products, you can generally expect to get:
- 7-18 Booster packs (number varies depending on the type of ETB)
- Energy cards
- Condition markers
- Damage counter dice
- A player’s guide to its respective Pokemon TCG set
- Deckbox and/or card sleeves (depending on the type of ETB)
- A competition-legal coin-flip die
It should be noted that the contents are different depending on which type of Elite Trainer Box you have, so this list may vary slightly.