What’s in the Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Boxes? Is it worth it? In this article, we’ll cover exactly what comes inside the Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Boxes and whether or not you should buy one.
Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box Contents
Featuring artwork of either Solgaleo or Lunala, the Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box is a part of the 1st main set from Sun & Moon. Inside, you’ll find 8 booster packs along with exclusive card sleeves and other gameplay accessories that can only be found in this ETB.
So what do you get in a Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box? It includes:
- 8 Pokémon TCG: Sun & Moon booster packs, each containing 10 cards and 1 basic Energy
- 65 card sleeves featuring Solgaleo or Lunala
- 45 Pokémon TCG Energy cards
- A player’s guide to the Sun & Moon expansion
- 6 damage-counter dice
- 1 competition-legal coin-flip die
- 2 acrylic condition markers and 1 acrylic GX marker
- A collector’s box to hold everything, with 4 dividers to keep it organized
- A code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
How Many Booster Packs in Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box?
The Pokemon Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box contains 8 booster packs from the Sun & Moon base set. Booster pack artworks are inserted at random.
Sun & Moon booster packs come with one of five different artworks on the packaging: Solgaleo, Lunala, Primarina, Decidueye, or Incineroar.
How many booster packs come in each type of Elite Trainer Box?
Let’s take a look at every Elite Trainer Box ever made and how many booster packs each one contains.
Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box Promo Card
Just like other main sets from the Pokemon TCG, The Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box does not include a promo card. Only holiday sets contain ETBs with promo cards.
Is the Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box Worth It?
Yes, the Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box is worth buying! You should consider purchasing this ETB if any of the following describes you:
- You are new to the Pokemon TCG and are looking for a really cool product that gives you the gameplay accessories you need to start playing the game.
- You like Solgaleo, Lunala and the Sun & Moon base set
- You collect Pokemon Elite Trainer Boxes and want to add this one to your collection
That said, If you are buying this just for the booster packs inside, there are more cost effective ways to buy Sun & Moon booster packs. I’d recommend purchasing single packs or buying a Sun & Moon booster box if you’re looking for the best cost per booster pack.
Looking for the best Elite Trainer Box?
Here’s my list of the best Elite Trainer Boxes you can purchase right now!
Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box Artwork
Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Boxes come with one of two artworks featuring either Solgaleo or Lunala on its packaging and contents.
Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box Release Date
The Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box was released on February 3, 2017 as a part of the Pokemon TCG Sun & Moon base set, the 1st main set of the Sun & Moon era.
Where to Purchase Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box
Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Boxes are no longer produced, so the only way to buy one is on the secondary market through sites like eBay, TCGPlayer, or StockX.
Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box Weight and Dimensions
The Sun & Moon Elite Trainer Box measures 7.5 x 3.5 x 6.5 inches and weighs 1.55lbs.